Our Research Department is always working on new and exciting projects. The patients who have participated in the 200+ research studies that collected data from our office have benefited science, the diabetic population as well as themselves. Through their dedication we have been able to provided Data that has helped lead to the FDA approval of medications that have become very common for instance, Actos, Avandia, Glucovance, Lantus insulin, Apidra insulin, Vytorin, Creastor, Exubera, Lyrica and Januvia to name a few.
We are currently working on some very interesting studies that anticipate will help control Diabetes and Hypertension and Diabetic Nephropathy as well as Growth Hormone deficiency. Specifically we are looking for
1. Patient with Type 1 or 2 diabetes with pulmonary issues to try inhaled insulin
2. Patients with type 2 diabetes who need to start an oral medication for the first time or for the first time in a while.
3. Patients with type 2 diabetes who are taking one or two oral medication but still have not gained adequate control
4. Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy
5. Patients who are growth hormone deficient
Generally research studies are of no cost to the patient.
For more information, please contact our offices at 516.327.0850